Monday, March 02, 2015

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Yes! I DO sew for the boys too! There just aren't as many patterns being released for them as there are for girls and women! And in this case, I am revisiting some favourite patterns that I've made quite a few times so here goes...

Check out those pants! They are Scientific Seamstress' Field Research Pants with a major adjustment...I lined them with fleece! My boys absolutely love these pants! This guy is also wearing his Scientific Seamstress Bowling Shirt. They are such a great way to use fun prints! And he's layered his Patterns for Pirates Jolly Roger Raglan underneath because, baby it's cold outside!

Did I mention this was Superhero Day? My little guy is also wearing the cape I made him so long ago...all 3 of my kids have one and they are reversible! Definitely worth the sewing time!

Here's a better look at that Patterns for Pirates Jolly Roger Raglan. This shirt was part of our Halloween costumes this year but I made them so the kids could wear them again and again. I do try to be practical when it comes to those things!


These patterns were all purchased by me and I love them all!

Pattern Specs:
Pattern: Field Research Pants, Scientific Seamstress
Sizes: 3-14
Fabrics: Wovens - I've seen them done in quilting cottons but I like a nice twill or bottom weight fabric.
Difficulty: These are truly what you make of them depending on the options you choose...I would say they start at Adventurous Beginner and go on from there!

Pattern: Bowling Shirt, Scientific Seamstress
Sizes: 6months-12 years
Fabrics: Wovens. This is where you can use those quilting cottons!
Difficulty: Adventurous Beginner. If you can do button holes (or snaps) you've got this!

Pattern: Jolly Roger Raglan, Patterns for Pirates
Sizes: 3months - 14 years
Fabrics: Knits
Difficulty: Beginner! You can make this!

xo
Heather




No comments: