Sunday, November 23, 2014

Selfish Sewing Week

Back in September there was a week called Selfish Sewing Week. I promise you, I was able to get some sewing done then and well...the truth is I've done a bunch for myself since then too!

Anyway, for selfish sewing week I made myself another Jocole Crossover Dress. This one is just past my knees (what they call knee-length on me never is!) Darn short legs! This pattern is the only one that I have made more than one of for myself...seriously! Most things I seem to only make once whether I love them or not because there are SO many great patterns out there to try! And truth be told each one of my Crossover Dresses is different (and we're not just talking fabric here!)


I also made myself a Love Notions Trendy Tunic...gosh, I love this top! If I make it again (I am waiting for the long sleeve edition) I will go down a size...it ended up pretty roomy but I love it anyway. This is the kind of top I wear out of the wash every week. I seriously love it!
And I get loads of compliments on it...and it has pockets...and it makes me happy. Actually, I am wearing it as I write this!
If you haven't sewn for yourself lately, you totally should...I wear something handmade by me pretty much every day now. Sometimes it's a piece of jewelry or clothing and other times it's my whole outfit! I am very happy with this change in my wardrobe!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: