Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Creative Cooks!

I can't believe how much time has gotten away from me! I meant to blog this before we left for vacation and here I am just posting it now! Things have been busy around here!

We started our day off by preparing ourselves...first our aprons...
First we stenciled them then we got out the potato stamps (one of my favourite tools!)
We decorated chef's hats, prepared our recipe books and copied out the first recipe then finally set to the real work! Tzatziki for dipping!
'
We also made black bean dip so that we would have options to dip the chips in! And here they are making their chips...each of the chefs made their own batch with their chosen seasonings on them!
Next up Pastry Tarts! Pastry is not one of my strong points but these girls held it together and did a great job!
We cheated a little here and used instant pudding to fill our pastry cups (I am not Wonder Woman and we had a timeline to work with!)
Finally! A box to transpost some of their goodies home, they also decorated matching chip bags for their salty snacks!
One group of Creative Cooks!

The girls were kind enough to bake up a special batch of chips for me to bring home...it was such a great day!

Enjoy!
Heather

1 comment:

WendyinKK said...

I love how it all begins with making their own aprons.
Love your blog, and I'll be back again.