Monday, December 13, 2010

It Takes 2 to make a thing go right...

I was asked to make a zebra cake...there were 2 things that stuck out in my head when I was looking for inspiration on-line. This cartoon! I found him here.
Cartoon zebra
And the photo below is the other thing that I discovered...there is an actual cake called Zebra Cake and it looks like this...
And it looks really neat baked too.
And the finished product was fabulous. Except for one thing...I made the cake 1 week early. Yep, 1 whole week. I have never done anything like this before.
I felt sick...I had this cute little guys just looking at me. And for the first time ever, I didn't want to cut one of my own cakes. SO....I posted this photo on my personal Facebook profile. And I was lucky enough to find a buyer...he was picked up and enjoyed. Thank goodness!
And then I started again this week. I changed a few things...I added more shape to his ears.
And I added a medallion around his neck.
This guys just cracks me up. I didn't mind doing him a second time because well, he makes me happy. I hope he made the birthday boy happy too. This cake was for the boy who had the lion cake last year. He had it all planned out...his Auntie would bring him a Zebra Cake this year...just like the Lion Cake last year. I am liking this boy...I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

The cake is a Zebra Cake with Cookies and Cream filling. Yum!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: