Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Double or Nothing...

There are a couple of things you should know about me when it comes to cookies;
  1. I almost always do a double batch - that's what my mother told me and you don't question your mother!
  2. I always take them out of the oven before they are fully baked. I like a soft cookie...not a crunchie one...the only crunchy cookie I like is an Oreo...and I sure do love Oreos!
Simon was distracted while my mixer was running (I had turned on Sesame Street this morning). So he was pleasantly surprised to find the oven on when the show was over. He insisted I turn the light on so he could take a proper look!
I followed the Redpath Sugar Recipe (video is below) with a couple of modifications so that my Creative Kids could enjoy them too (this means they are lactose-free now!) I substituted butter with a lactose-free margarine and white chocolate chips with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
And this made for a very happy boy this morning! Who doesn't love a gooshy cookie right out of the oven?
So check out the video! And make sure you watch for Erin's undercracking egg method! You should totally check out Erin's cookbook her website is here... http://www.thehappybakerchick.com/home.html it's a fun to read beautiful cookbook filled with fabulous classics with some twists!

I hope you enjoyed the video! The one with me in it will be out in the spring...I can hardly wait!

Want the recipe all written out? Here is a PDF of the recipe on a Redpath Recipe Card.

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: