Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pickle Party Fun!


Awhile back, I told you about a fire in Beamsville. A fire that took away the home of a mother and her daughter. I asked you for help and many of you delivered. Thank you for that.

I waited...and my turn to help came around as I knew it would. One sweet girl decided that while the Pub Night and Not So High Tea were held were fine and dandy...there needed to be a party for the kids too. A gathering, nothing complicated just kids being kids...and this is where I came in...
I spent an evening with this sweet girl and we made the above pages as samples. We took them and a bunch of my scrapbooking supplies to a church. The other parents provided food, drinks, music and other fun stuff for the kids.

I called a super-sweet photographer friend of mine Racheal Stevens and she came out to take photos of the kids. I can't share those with you but I can share some bits of our work...
Apparently, the guest of honour had a real thing about pickles so we had a bunch of the teachers sign pickles and we jarred them up for her! Lots of pickle love for a sweet girl!
Here I am with the guest of honour...I wish I could share more with you. The kids did such great work! Even the boys got right into it.
The book was assembled by myself and a few helpers the other night. I hope you enjoy these memories we put together for you!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: