Monday, November 08, 2010

Cupcake Craze?

It's been awhile since I've had to make cupcakes myself. I mean, I have been making them almost every week with children for various birthday parties but we had a few gatherings that involved cake this weekend and if you are a regular reader, you know that both of our boys are lactose intolerant SO, that means we bring cupcakes (or sometimes all of the cake...it just depends!)

Anyway, I was thrilled to get to use my cupcake stand that my BFF gave me last year! We had our first Christmas Party of the year...so here it is...my first Creative Christmas Tree of the year!
These were sweet and simple...it's good to take a break from complex once in awhile!
Then, it was our nephew's birthday party yesterday...I happen to know he is a big Super Mario fan and I had been dying to make some Super Mario Cupcakes for awhile so I was excited to finally get my chance!
Here they are, all packed up and ready for the trip to the big city! Off Toronto we went!
The kids loved these and they weren't all that complex...Mario took a little extra thinking but most of the graphics are based on simple shapes!

All of the cupcakes are Chocolate Mint with Mint Buttercream.

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: