Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Da na, na na na! Sugar, sugar!

Well, it's been quite a week! Here is the cake I left you with last time...in it's incomplete state...
Here is the fairy that I hand sculpted as a topper for said cake while I was at Klara Johnson's Cake School...
Here is the lovely lady sitting atop the toadstool I made...
And here is where she ended up...
You see after spending about 5 hours rolling, sculpting and painting I brought her home to my un-airconditioned house and wouldn't you know it? She became a little limp...well, okay...more than a little. She went to pieces.
Since we were meant to take this cake to a picnic, I got her on the cake, showed Sarah and quickly removed her again...it was too scary for me! She was SO fun to make though and in the meantime we will be looking for a door for my workshop and I have my DH convinced that a/c is a necessity in that room (if it's hot like this year, I can see the kids and I huddled in that room day after day enjoying the cool air!!!)

So, lesson learned...well a number of lessons learned! I also lost my bow and my swag neither of which I had gotten photos of yet!!! So, I think I will be making bows again just as soon as things cool down here!

Enjoy!
Heather

P.S. I totally forgot to reference the title of the post...apparently someone from Redpath Sugar has been watching my blog and is looking forward to seeing the results of this cake! That is pretty sweet if I do say so myself!

No comments: