Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rainy Day Fun!

So, after Sarah & Sean's collaboration on the 'rainy day list' ended and Simon was tired of impersonating Mr. T something had to be done to make the kiddes all happy!

Simon had pulled out my silicone ice cube trays from Ikea so...we decided to make gummies! Apparently you can use chocolate molds or most anything to form the gummies but I like my ice cube trays...you also need jello, gelatine and some water.Pour the jello and gelatine over 1/3 of a cup of water in a small pot and watch the gelatine work it's magic for 5-10 mins (we went with 7 mins).
Boil and stir until the powders are dissolved. (see my molds in the background? That's what we used!)
Let the mixture cool for about a minute pour it into something with a spout (I love my pyrex measuring cups!)
Let set in fridge for about 10mins and voila! Homemade gummy candy!
And 3 kids that are a little happier 'cause we passed a little time together and they get a treat now! Just in case you are wondering, I got this fabulous ideas from one of my favourite places, Skip to my Lou.

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: