Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sew...you know...

Did I mention that I have been giving my sewing machine a workout lately? I finished our dining room curtains way back in April or May...we can't even remember! Anyway, then it took awhile before I got the tie-backs. Then it took awhile before we had the hooks to hang up the tie backs...you know the story...don't you?But I think it was definitely worth the wait...just look at those tie-backs totally OTT (over the top - an acronym we heard when we were in the UK 4 years ago...was that really 4 years ago?) I love those tie backs in a big way...
We hope to get the dining room chairs recovered in the fall to match. I have the fabric but the time is another issue altogether!
Then there are the Master Bedroom curtains...whew! It is hard to get good photos of curtains...anyway, I love these too. I love the colours...we repainted as well. It was the last room to be painted. We should have had a party. Less than 3 years here and we have changed every room. Wow!

Happy Sunday Friends...
Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the sewing machine. You do nice work.
I love the tie backs and I do not think that they are OTT...they are just right! Gorgeous!
I have to tell you, I love your daughters Jeans/jean skirt...I would love a copy of some instructions on how you did it, I love to quilt! I have a great machine but I really need to learn how to use it to its full potential.
Keep sewing...your projects look great!

~Karen~

Heather said...

Ahhh, thanks Karen! I have never quilted myself. I do love it but there are so many creative adventures I just can't fit them all in. My machine is older than I am...it's an old Kenmore...my dad gave it to my mom their first married Christmas...nice eh?

You can find the tutorial on Skip to my Lou http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/05/21/turn-little-girl-jeans-into-a-skirt/. I also included the link in my post.

Thanks for the kind words and happy sewing to you!
Heather