Thursday, March 25, 2010

Expectations...

My work, like everyone else's can be quite challenging...sometimes, I have a completely different vision than my clients...sometimes I get it right away...

When I was asked to do Dragon Cupcakes I was at a loss...I looked everywhere, my creative husband tried to do some sketches for me...none of it matched my vision...I called my client..."Please can I do a cake???" She was reluctant so I finally relented and shared the one idea I did have...She loved it! Her son loved it! Her husband loved it! Wow! My uncertainty was washed away and I planned and eventually set to work.
I'd like you to take an extra close look at the cupcakes that make up this dragon's feet, snout and the end of his tail. They look a little bit different. They are. They are gluten-free. Yep. Living with allergies and intolerances is not easy. I know this from experience with 2 lactose intolerant boys, yes I said 2...
I'm not going to drag this one out but I will tell you that the cupcakes are Chocolate, all of them. The eyes are made with marshmallows and the wings are made with Mercken's Chocolates.

Enjoy!
Heather

1 comment:

Nichicakes said...

That is the coolest CCC Ive ever seen!