Friday, February 12, 2010

Sew Happy Valentine's Day!

I am going to apologize for the photos in advance...it was still early when I took them...natural light makes all the difference!

Well, the other day we had a conversation that went something like this...

Sarah: "Mummy, I still need a valentine for my teacher."
Mummy: "Yes, I was thinking about that...I was thinking we could make truffles..."
Sarah: "Any other ideas Mummy?"
Mummy: "Well, we could also make homemade gummies."
Sarah: "I was thinking an apple bag."
Mummy: "What? Well, I did see a Valentine's Day Tic Tac Toe Game Tutorial..."
Sarah and Sean: "Okay!"
Mummy...stands quietly and wonders...wait a minute how did that just happen!!! Sneaky kids!

Well, I did see this super cute tutorial at Roots and Wings Co. and I did want to make it for the teachers but then the mailbags (they're coming) took so long that I was worried about time and I have some other sewing projects that I want to get to...
But, I do so have a terrible time saying no! I did however, have to draw the line when Sarah suggested that I make one for the EA in her class as well...she is a wonderful woman but these were a bit of work and I really want to move on to my other sewing!!!

Now for the mailbags...
Now this idea, I got from another blog called Our Scoop. What a sweet place! You can bet I will be hanging around there from now on! The directions were great and the results even better!
The first one you saw was Sarah's...Here comes Sean's...
Isn't this polka dot fabric totally fab? I am loving it! I got it in the Christmas fabrics for $2.5/m!!! What a steal!
I will share more Valentine's Day Photos as they come...we are looking forward to a weekend of lovin'!

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I'm so glad you could use the tic-tac toe game! I adore the chair bags you made!

Heather said...

Thank you! They weren't so hard...it just took time to make 3 of them! I was SO glad for the rotary cutter, mat and ruler I just bought this week!!!

I adore your blog...I wish I had crafty sisters!!!