Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I am...

I am a volunteer...
I lead our teen group at church with another woman. We decided to give out flowers to all the women at service for Mother's Day.

I am a mother...
When we were done she made me a bouquet and brought it to me...it was nice...we have been working hard on getting things together lately and I am a mother too.

I am a child...
A young boy came up and asked me if the flowers were extras...they were...sort of. He asked for one. As I reached to give him one he asked for the only red one. It made me sad and I told him so...but I gave it to him none the less. Then my bouquet was whittled down further by a few women that we had missed...

I am blessed...
I told the woman who had helped organize the event what happened. She told me she had chosen the red one specifically for me. Later that day, these arrived delivered by my friend.
There is a lesson here I am certain. As I face many challenges and am trying to make the right decisions for our family over the next few days and weeks. I think that if I am patient it will all come together. Patience isn't easy to find...but if I wait maybe the answers will come.

I am blessed by friends, family and a wonderful community. Thank you all.

Enjoy,
Heather

2 comments:

Missy "Photographer Sydney" John said...

So sweet of your children.. Your such a lucky mom.. :)

Jessie "a3 colour" Collin said...

i LOVE the feeling of being a mom..