Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sew, did you know?

There are just far too many things to do in the days leading up to Christmas and in and amongst all that craziness I found a few free patterns I really wanted to try for the kids (and one for me too!) Sew, on Christmas Night as Martin sat down to watch one of his new James Bond Flicks I cleared the dust off my sewing machine and managed to get this apron done!

Sean really didn't want me to take this photo but he finally relented by lying on the floor and thinking it was funny...sorry the photo isn't the best but you get the idea! You can find this wonderful pattern at Whosies. Please go check out this along with a bunch of other fun tutorials!

Now, I slipped this one in on Christmas Eve so that I could have these fabulous napkin holders for the table on Christmas day...aren't they sweet? I found the template for this on Skip to my Lou. These are truely a simple delight. No sewing required. You can also add pompoms for holly but I didn't get there and the jury is still out on whether or not I will add them!
Now for the final project (as I finished it on Boxing Day morning...who needs to shop? All I did was go digging through my fabric bins!) I found this lovely tutorial on Hello my name is Heather (I wish I was talking about myself here!) it was amazingly quick and simple to do and Sarah loves it!
How sweet is that...wow! A few great homemade gifts to round out our Christmas giving this year! What a treat!
Enjoy!
Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so precious! And the handmade creations are lovely!

Happy New Year!