Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Berries with Dorie

Happy Tuesday everyone! It seems to me that with every passing week I take fewer photos!!! I am certain I took more than this but I just gave up my work computer and I am thinking that some photos got lost in the translation...seriously put a 36 week pregnant woman under pressure and things fall apart pretty fast some days!!!

Anyway...the main thing is I have that lovely photo of my berries that my DH bought for me when he did an emergency run to the grocery store (he remembered, not me!) I can barely remember anyone's names these days nevermind a grocery list!!!

On to this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe...we had Mixed Berry Cobbler...I used blueberries, raspberries and blackberries...yummy!!! For fun, the kids and I cut out the cobbler dough in different shapes and covered the ramekins with those instead of covering the whole cobbler...they loved that!

We served it up with some ice cream and it was all good! The berries were amazing and the cobbler made a great sponge for soaking up that yummy berry juice!
I am looking forward to next week's Apple Cheddar Scones...I should be able to fit in one or two more recipes before this baby comes!!!

Enjoy!
Heather

11 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Such cute biscuit cutouts! Adorably tasty, I bet!

ostwestwind said...

What a nice looking topping!

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Pamela said...

Love the cut outs with the biscuit topping. They all look great!

kimberly salem said...

very cute cutouts! it looks yummy :)

Susie Homemaker said...

alright...you did it. when my in-laws come to visit i am going to have to make this again and do your little hearts. TOO CUTE!

Christine said...

Your biscuit cutouts are too cute! Great cobbler!

Lisa T. said...

The cutout crusts are a lovely idea and I love the miniature version of this dessert. Best wishes for you and your new addition when they make their debut!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Adorable!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Jules Someone said...

Those look adorable. I like the cut outs.

Cecilia said...

Aww...the cutouts look cute, and I think it's so sweet that you involved your kids in the creation of this dish. Great job!

Dolores said...

I love the biscuit cutouts... and the fact that you get your kids involved in the kitchen. You're making memories they'll carry for a lifetime!